Cashew Sour Cream Recipe
The best recipe for a whole-food, plant-based, no oil, and vegan cashew sour cream. It takes only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time.
- ½ cup cashews presoaked, if necessary (*see notes)
- ½ cup water boiling, if necessary (*see notes)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic smaller (*optional)
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, presoak the cashews. You can soak them in water for at least 4 hours or boil them in water for 5-10 minutes. Drain well after.
- If your blender still doesn't make a smooth cream out of presoaked cashews, try blending them using boiling water. Make sure you stop and let the steam out if your blender doesn't have an opening for the steam to escape.
- If you blend with boiling water, blend just the cashews and add all the other ingredients once the cashews are already blended.
- This recipe makes for a cashew sour cream that is of pouring consistency but still pretty thick once chilled. I like it that way because it is practical. If you want it to be thicker, just use less water.