Delicious thick plant-based cooking cream
This is a simple recipe for a thick, delicious plant-based cooking cream that is also vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and low in fat.
- 3.5 oz. tofu regular
- 2 tbps cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp black salt (*optional)
- 1 clove garlic (*optional)
- 1 cup water
- Black salt adds a special depth of flavor and masks the flavor of tofu. If you wish to omit it, replace it with regular salt to taste.
- The sauce will thicken up even more once chilled. Regulate thickness by adding more water if needed.
- Use this sauce as you would use store-bought cooking cream. My favorite way is to add it to sauteed asparagus or mushrooms and serve it with gnocchi or buckwheat.